Thursday 22 November 2012

My Perceptions

As clean, as beautiful
The mirror, I saw
The crafted grandeur
Beauty gorged of flaw.

I tried to chase, 
The world so bright
But each time I leapt
They showed me fright

I tried to see, 
The vial of life
But the eyes grew weary 
And just saw strife

I tried to clasp, 
The wind and sail
But the galloping waves
And the tearing gale…

I tried to mount, 
My thoughts on steed
But every thought
Was struck and it did bleed! ! 

I tried to tread, 
With the crowd rampant
I was clenched, and I gasped
In the crowd nonchalant! ! 









I raised my brows,
 To catch the long straight street
But it showed me just
A fragment of it! ! 

I tried to ti, e 
The chords of despair and hope
But nothing could mend
This broken rope.

I dropped down battered
In pieces, in shards
Narrow hopes all cleaved

                                  All reveries marred.

It was the mirror
I saw till then
The truth, its twin and…
Betwixt a narrow glen! ! ! 

All this while
I played a child! ! ! 
Sporting folly, 
And reveries wild…

3 comments:

  1. "All this while
    I played a child! ! !
    Sporting folly,
    And reveries wild…" - beautiful lines in this poem ... very well written !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh the Mirror it is !!

    Loved this one :)

    ReplyDelete